Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Q is for THE QUEEN (2009)


We can all remember where we were the day Princess Diana died in Paris in 1997.  We were at a wedding in Michigan. I have become more of a fan of Diana as I have learned of her great work helping and bringing awareness to old explosive  mines and the damage they cause particularly to children in certain parts of the world. Although I was a great admirer of her help[ to bring loving awareness to people suffering from AIDS  I cannot say I was a huge fan. This movie helped me see her in such a human way, through the eyes of others.

The Queen is a 2006 British drama film depicting the British Royal Family's response to the death of Diana, Princess of Wales on 31 August 1997. The film was directed by Stephen Frears, written by Peter Morgan, and starred Helen Mirren in the title role of HM Queen Elizabeth II. In the film, the Royal Family regards Diana's death as a private affair and thus



No comments:

Post a Comment