Tuesday, August 12, 2014

This is what peaked my curiosity.

image
From The Zonen Salvage Collection
I am originally from Mexico and my grandfather died in the plane crash I wrote about. He was CESAR AGUSTIN CASTILLO , name got misspelled in the NY TIMES .
Two Standard Oil Men Killed in Plane Crash; British M.P. Also Is a Victim in Denmark
He was never researched as he travelled with a Mexican passport and had a NY city address. He was raised in Germany and had huge ties with the Von Krupp Family.
How could I not be intrigued. My husbands work in the insurance industry and tagging along to many London (Lloyds) trips helped a lot, I love your national a...rchives at Kew.
I was married before for only 5 yrs but lived in Sweden and that opened the door to working with the Danish archives with ease.
Today much (not all) is found on line but I spent the better part of the 1990's and the first few years at the turn of the century in dusty archives and using Newspaper Microfilms.

 Join us as we commemorate the 75th anniversary of the crash of the G-AESY (which is recounted in full in M.C.V. Egan's BRIDGE OF DEATHS) and the start of World War II with a month-long event that will entertain, educate, and enlighten you! As part of this event, author M.C.V. Egan will re-release a revised version her award-winning and highly-acclaimed account of the events of that fateful day in 1939.
We are looking for awesome people to help with a cover release on August 15th and to post during the month-long anniversary event from September 1 to September 30.
To sign up and participate, please go here: http://bit.ly/TBOD75Event
image

No comments:

Post a Comment